Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Black Dahlia

I saw the movie The Black Dahlia this past weekend and I must admit that it is one of the worst films I have ever seen. Brian DePalma should be strung up for this horrible mess of a film. It starts out with Aaron Eckart and Josh Hartnett fighting off some navy guys and leads to a boxing match. The movie makes no sense whatsoever, and the acting is terrible. I was really disappointed with Hillary Swank, who normally gives such great performances. DePalma tries too hard to achieve film noir status with this movie. What really surprises me is the use of James Ellroy's novel. After seeing L.A. Confidential (another book that Ellroy wrote), I had such high hopes for this movie. Somewhere, somehow, something got horribly messed up... F.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.