Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip


I know I said this blog was for movie reviews, but I want to take the opportunity to review a new show on NBC. First, let me honestly say that I love the work of Aaron Sorkin. After The West Wing and Sports Night (two shows he created), I felt that Studio 60 would be a must see for me on Monday nights. I am a die-hard CSI: Miami fan (David Caruso rocks!!!!!!), and so it was an even bigger challenge for me to give up Miami to watch Studio 60 since they are on in the same time slot.

Let me be frank about this: Studio 60 has not met up with my expectations. The only characters who make the show fun are Matt Albie(Matthew Perry) and Danny Tripp (Bradley Whitford). The other characters are all a bit too saccharine for me to enjoy the program. Second, Studio 60 lacks the drama that The West Wing brought to the table for seven seasons. I feel like this is just another Desperate Housewives sort of show - an hour of comedy with splashes of drama. When I sit down to watch an hour-long program I want drama, and good drama at that. All in all, I am disappointed with Sorkin's latest (and looking at the ratings, this show may soon be departed). C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.